Skincare can be intimidating for some. With so many options available, choosing the right fit for you can be confusing. Your skin may demand lots of experimenting and trial and error.
Here are 5 absolute essentials you must have in your skincare routine. Look at them as the basics of skincare.
A Gentle Skin Cleanser
- A good cleanser can do many things for your skin, but most importantly, after you use it your skin shouldn’t feel dry and irritated but rather clean and plump.
- Use your cleanser twice daily, that will help your face get rid of impurities and make your face acids and other products absorb better.
- Organic Riot’s cleanser Step 1 is filled with the goodness of Avocado Extract and Squalene that helps to clean your skin and also keep its natural oils in tact!
- Toner is an often skipped product in many people’s skincare routines.
- Using a good toner can help calm your skin down, minimise the appearance of pores and make your skin feel more moisturised.
- Secondly, your toner can balance your skin’s pH and ensure that it has not been disrupted by tap water.
- We can’t stress enough on how important sunscreen is. Sunscreen reduces your overall UV exposure and lowers your risk of skin cancer and sun damage.
- Whatever your skin type may be, certain medications and disorders make your skin highly sensitive to the sun, raising your protection requirements.
- You can choose a sunscreen depending upon whether your skin is oily, dry, acne-prone or sensitive. We suggest you read the list of ingredients carefully and make sure there are no toxic chemicals in it.
- “All skin types need moisturiser, yes, even oily skin!”
- The skin on your face is extremely sensitive, specially to environmental changes and sun exposure. They shed cells more rapidly than most other parts of the body and a good moisturiser can allow your skin to repair itself and also younger cells to come to the surface.
- Daily moisturization can help you to reduce chances of developing oiliness and dryness. Both skin types can give rise to further common skin conditions like acne.
- An Exfoliator is essential to improve cellular turnover. It makes your skin brighter looking and clearer.
- You can opt for chemical or physical exfoliators depending on your skin type and requirements.
- However, it is advisable that you don’t use it more than two times a week, depending on the type of exfoliant.
- Disrupt’s 2% Salicylic Acid is a gentle exfoliator that helps to unclog pores and treat frequent breakouts. When used regularly it helps to give you a glowing and even skin tone!
These are the most basic skincare products that everybody must add to their shelves, no matter their skin type. You can always layer these up with face acids or more creams and serums depending on your skin concerns. These 5 should always be the foundation of your skincare routine.
So, which of these essentials are there in your skincare routine?
Sources for this information are :
Skin cancer prevention/ sun protection – skincancer.org
The Importance of Moisturizing – The University Of Tennesse Medical Centre
The Science of Exfoliants: Physical vs Chemical- Dermveda